Hubbell Premise Wiring’s new Category 6A Reduced Diameter (RD) cables provide a significantly smaller jacket–0.265 O.D. (plenum) or 0.275 O.D. (riser)–allowing contractors to install 25% more drops per location than most Category 6A cables. These new cables offer a high-performing, Category 6A component compliant (ANSI/TIA-568-C.2), LP rated solution.
NEXTSPEED Ascent RD/LP cables are ideal for new high power IEEE 802.3bt (4PPoE) applications, such as HDBaseT Class A and B, IEEE 802.11ac high bandwidth/high power wireless access point applications, and 10GBASE-T Ethernet 100m solutions.
The RD Category 6A cables also incorporate a discontinuous shield, which provides significant reduction in Alien Crosstalk (AXT) loss on high performing 4-pair applications.
The cables are designed to enhance Hubbell’s C6A Ascent system, which includes:
- NEXTSPEED Ascent Category 6A Jacks, one of the highest performing, most compact jacks available
- Multimedia Faceplates, made of highly impact-resistance thermoplastic in a style that matches Hubbell electrical plates
- Decorator Frames, which offer better wall-box mounting with elongated straps
- NEXTSPEED Ascent Patch Panels, which utilize the same patented zero crosstalk contact structure as Hubbell’s NEXTSPEED Ascent Category 6A jacks
- Jack Patch Panels, which provide flexibility and expandability for future-proofing
- NEXTSPEED Ascent Patch Cords, with a unique cable and plug design that provides superior AXT, NEXT and Return Loss performance
“These new enhanced performing cabling solutions give customers higher density options for more demanding installations where space requirements are critical,” says Mike O’Connor, Senior Director Marketing for Hubbell Premise Wiring. “As speed, performance and high power PoE requirements continue to emerge, this has never been more important.”